The Key to the life of the product is proper operation& care. The correct operation& recommended care are outlined in this owners manual for your guidance.
The Egood acoustic sliding folding partition wall operation,maintenance and repair have been custom made to the architects and owner's specifications.
Conduct all operations SLOWLY. Safe operation requires moving panels into place one at a time. Avoid stopping while moving the panels through intersections. The carriers may stop in an intersection and appear stuck. If this happens, push panel back in the direction from which it came and try again.
For the best acoustical seal and proper alignment, it is important to maintain constant pressure against the edge of the panel while setting seals.
If you notice that a partition is not hanging plumb, stop and go back and reset the panel. If you fail to do this, panels will not make full contact and provide a poor acoustic seal.
Setting Up A Partition
1.A typical partition consists of bulb seal panel (BSP). basic panel(BP), an optional pass door,(I PD),additional basic panels(BP), and last a closure panel(LCP). Stand in the center of the panel face. Using both hands, grasp it by the edges as high as possible and gently pull it toward you. (exp.a) Carefully maneuver the panel out of the storage area. (exp.b&c) Move the panel down the track to the required position. Once in place, push it firmly against the adjacent wall or panel to insure a tight joint. You may place your foot against the bottom of the panel to hold it in place while you extend the acoustical seals.
Example (a)Example (b)Example (c)
2. Seal Operation for Retractable Seals: Once the panel is in position,insert the operating crank handle over the exposed shaft in the panel's vertical edge (exp.d). While keeping the panel plumb, turn the operating key clockwise approximately 180degrees. This will extend the seals. Remove the operating handle and repeat with remaining basic panels.
3.Optional Pass Door Panel-Setup
U-Shaped (single style), exp.(e): The pass door has two seals. One located in the same place as the basic panels (A) and the other located inside the door jamb (B). Set the (A) seal first by inserting the operating key over the seal mechanism as shown in Exp e, A. Turn the operating key until the floor seal is extended.Next open the door and turn the seal mechanism located in the jamb (B) in the same way as you did for seal (A).
4.Optional Pass Door Panel-Setup (continued)
L-Shaped Pass Door(double door) see exp.(f) Batwing doors consist of two L-shaped panels. A L-panel has a single seal. Push the lead end of the first L-panel into place, but do not set the seal. Push the second panel (trail L-panel) into place and extend the seal (A) in the same manner as a basic panel. Turn the operating key until the floor seal is extended. Next, open the door on the lead L-panel and extend the seal located in the pass door jamb (B).
5.Setting the Final Closure Seals.
Final closure will bel Lever Closure Panel .Move the last panel into place. If you you will need to extend two seals on the last panel in the opening. The first seal is located in the trail edge of the panel (exp.g). Insert the operating key over the exposed shaft in the vertical edge and turn key 180 degrees clockwise to set the top and bottom seal. (The shaft may be hidden from view by the expanding post). To extend the second seal, insert the operating key over the shaft located on the face of the panel (exp.h). Turn the key clockwise until you feel resistance against the wall. This action extends the closure and completes the acoustical seal. Note: Make certain you apply sufficient pressure to compress the vinyl seal against the wall. I
Stacking/Storing The Partitions
1. If the partition has a pass door, open the door and retract the seals by reversing the previous setup instructions. Close the door and make certain that it is latched.
2. Retract the Lever Closure Expanding Panel by inserting the operating key over the shaft in the face of the panel and turn counter-clockwise to retract the closure. Retract top and/or bottom seals on this panel by placing the key over the shaft in the trail edge and rotate counter-clockwise.
3. Panels with Retractable Seals: Insert operating key onto the shaft of each panel and fully rotate key counter-clockwise, retracting the top and bottom seal. Before moving the panel, make certain that the seals have retracted. DO NOT MOVE PANELS IF THE SEALS ARE NOT RETRACTED - PERMANENT DAMAGE COULD RESULT. Separate panels and move to storage area. Repeat until all panels are stacked. Note: Floor pins may be present when two partitions form a "T". They must also be retracted before moving panel(s).
Trouble Shooting Checklist &Recommendations
Panels Hanging out of plumb.
1. Loose or broken trolleys. 2. Broken Trolley Support Beam.
1. Tighten loose carries to return panel to plumb. 2. Replace any broken carriers or support beam.
Panels sticking or hard to move.
1. Dirt in the track. 2.less lubricate oil.3. Misaligned track joints. 3. Trolley Broken.
1. Clean track. 2.Spread lubricate oil on the track.2. Align joints. 3. Replace trolley.
Abnormal noise during movement.
1. Broken trolley 2. Misaligned track joints
1. Replace trolley 2. Align joints
Top and bottom seal inoperative
1.Cranking mechanism stripped / broken link to mechanism 2.top seal stuck by the trolley support beam
1. Straighten or replace seal. /. Replace
2.Adjust the size of the hole located on the top seal
Pass doors not latching
1. Strike plate out of adjustment. 2.door jamb over pressure compressed.
1. Readjust strike plate. 2. Reverse previous step to re position the pass door,and not compress the LCP to much pressure
Broken or worn trolleys
1. Bad track joints.
2. 2. Abusive handling at "T" or "L" intersections.
1. Realign track joints & replace trolleys.
2. Replace trolleys and retrain personnel.
Lever closure jamb not extending or operates difficult.
1. Internal mechanism stripped. 2. Limit cables or chains tangled. 3. Tension bolts too tight.
1. Replace mechanism. 2. Adjust limit chains. 3. Adjust tension bolts on mechanism.
Care of Operation
1 .Be certain to retract the top and bottom before moving panel or damage may occur
2. Not for outdoor using, put the the partition panel stay away from and water or moisture area,
3. Take care of the panel finishing during installation or operating and the fabric and leather fabric is not easy to clean spotted or damaged.
4. The partitions only operated by the trained personnel.
5. Operate slowly and never force the partition panel.
6. Slowly turning every time at the “T” and “L” corner track.
7. If get stuck or not smooth and “T or “L: corner track, turn back to push again.
1. Clean & lightly lubricate all track running surfaces
2. Check trolleys for any signs of abnormal wear or breakage. Replace as needed.
3. Check panels "out of plumb" (indicating loose trolley bolts). Correct by adjusting
to plumb and tightening trolley nuts.
4. Check any exposed bolts on panel's vertical edges and tighten if required.
5. Check for track misalignment at all joints & intersections and adjust if needed.
6. Check lever closure and adjust as needed.
7. Check and make sure all top & bottom seals are functioning properly.
8. Operate pass door and adjust as needed.
9. Check for torn vinyl / fabric and repair or replace as needed.
10. Contact with Egood Partition if the problem can’t be solved by the owner.
REMEMBER...Never force the operations of panels!